Friday, May 21, 2010


Keiki are excited about learning Chinese board games. It was wonderful to watch the students working together to learn these games they had never seen. Especially since all the words are in Hanzi (characters). The keiki have taken to the games like little ducks take to water. Now I have little learners visiting in the mornings between early care and the start of school to play a round of Mah Jong, Dou Shou Qi (Jungle Chess), and even Chinese Chess. I will download Mah Jong onto my computer because we all know how keiki love to play games on the computer!

Yesterday our Kinder Keiki Chinese did a performance in the Wang for LJA ohana members. The sang and danced a Chinese song in celebration of summer. Laoshi was unable to attend in order to teach the "big kids". I hear from the coconut vine that it was a darling performance! One of the Kinder Keiki asked me "will you be in China with the big kids". His question simply made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment