Wednesday, May 19, 2010



2nd graders are doing great leaning numbers with the Chinese abacus! WOW! Today kids were able to read Chinese numbers written on the board and then register the number on the abacus. As usual, learners were more challenged when the number was only said and not written. Numbers said 1-99 were easier while numbers spoken with three digits got much harder. What a fun time we had registering larger and larger numbers on the abacus! Good job 2nd grade!


I thought you might like this picture of Chinese students and a teacher learning with an abacus. Isn't it nice? I like their clothes and the scene outside the round window!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog today, it's so nice to meet you. Yes, I love to knit, it's very relaxing to me.

    Your teaching blog is very interesting, I'm glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete